Candida albicans is a dimorphic fungus that grows both as yeast and filamentous cells and one of the few species of the Candida genus that cause the infection candidiasis in humans. Systemic fungal infections including those by C. albicans have emerged as important causes of morbidity and mortality in immunocompromised patients (e.g., AIDS, cancer chemotherapy, organ or bone marrow transplantation). It commonly occurs on mucous membranes in the mouth or vagina. Hospital-acquired infectious by C. albicans have become a cause of major health concerns. Many vaginal infections cases are responsible for physician office visits.
The Candida albicans Rapid test is a qualitative lateral flow immunoassay for the detection of C. albicans antigens in female vaginal discharge samples. The membrane is pre-coated with monoclonal antibodies against C. albicans antigen on the test line regions. During testing, the sample reacts with the particles coated with anti-C. albicans antibodies which were pre-dried on the test strip. The mxiture moves upward on the membrane by capillary action. In the case of a positive result the specific antibodies present on the membrane will react with the mixture conjugates and generate one or two coloured lines. A green coloured line always appears in the control line and serves as verification that sufficient volume was added, that proper flow was obtained and as an internal control for the reagents.
Reagents And Materials Provided
1. 20 Individually packed test devices: Each device contains a strip with colored conjugates and reactive reagents pre-coated at the corresponding regions
2. 2 Extraction Buffer vial: 0.01M Phosphate buffered saline (PBS) and 0.02% sodium azide
3. 1 Positive control (on request only) : Contain inactived Candida albicans and sodium azide. For external control
4. 1 Negative control (on request only) : Not contain Candida albicans. For external control
5. 20 Extraction tubes: For specimens preparation use
6. 1 Workstation: Place forholding buffer vials and tubes
7. 1 Package insert: For operation instruction