The HPV 16/18 E6&E7 oncoproteins Rapid test Device has been designed to detect HPV 16/18 E6&E7 Oncoproteins through visual interpretation of color development in the internal strip. The membrane was immobilized with monoclonal anti-HPV 16/18 E6&E7 antibodies on the test region. During the test, the specimen is allowed to react with colored monoclonal anti-HPV 16/18 E6&E7 antibodies colored particals conjugates, which were precoated on the sample pad of the test. The mixture then moves on the membrane by capillary action, and interact with reagents on the membrane. If there were enough HPV 16/18 E6&E7 oncoproteins in specimens, a colored band will form at the test region of the membrane. Presence of this colored band indicates a positive result, while its absence indicates a negative result. Appearance of a colored band at the control region serves as a procedural control. This indicates that proper volume of specimen has been added and membrane wicking has occurred.
In developing countries, cervical cancer is a leading cause of cancer related death of women, due to the lack of implementation of screening tests for cervical pre-cancer and cancer. A screening test for low resource settings should be simple, rapid, and cost effective. Ideally, such a test would be informative regarding HPV oncogenic activity. Expression of both HPV E6 and E7 oncoproteins is essential for cervical cell transformation to occur. Some research results demonstrated a correlation of E6 &E7 oncoprotein positivity with both severity of cervical histopathology and risk for progression. Hence, E6&E7 oncoprotein promises to be an appropriate biomarker of HPV-mediated oncogenic activity.
Reagents And Materials Provided
1. 20 Individually packed test devices: Each device contains a strip with colored conjugates and reactive reagents prespreaded at the corresponding regions.
2. 2 bottles of Extraction Buffer-10 ml: Buffer solution containing PBS.
3. 20 Extraction tubes: For specimens preparation use.
4. 2 Workstation: Place for holding buffer vials and tubes.
5. 1 Package insert: For operation instruction.
6. 1 Positive control swab(on request only): Contain inactived HPV infected Caski Cell and sodium azide. For External control.
7. 1 Negative control swab(on request only): Do not contain HPV infected Caski Cell. For external control.