* For research use only, not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Phytophthora is a genus of plant-damaging oomycetes, whose member species are capable of causing enormous economic losses on crops worldwide, it contains approximately 100 species and they infect thousands of plant species. Phytophthora symptoms are often causing weakness and slow collapse in affected plants. Diseases caused by this pathogen include potato late blight, root and stem rot, ramorum blight, tomato late blight, dieback and sudden oak death and so on.
Principle Of The Test
The development of rapid test strips is based on Lateral Flow Device (LFD) technology using specific antibodies. A LFD format consists of antibody-coated latex beads latex (or colloidal gold) which will bind the specific pathogen antigen absorbed from the plant extract. The agglutination is accumulated at a specific location by the presence of a line of target specific antibody, which immobilises the agglutinated latex whilst allowing the background reagents to be washed away by continued flow along the membrane. The membrane contains a strip of target-specific antibody, test strip and a strip of another antibody that binds to the specific antibody, control strip. Latex beads containing bound antigen are trapped on the test strip leaving a visible line. Surplus latex beads that do not contain antigen are trapped on the control strip showing that the assay has worked. This provides a non-subjective and clear read out of a positive result against a low background.
Reagents And Materials Provided
1. 50 single-use test cassettes
2. 50 pre-filled extraction tubes with sample buffer
3. 50 disposable pipettes for sample application
1) Remove a sample from infected root /leaf, add to the extraction bag.
2) Add contents of bottle to the extraction bag. Use the extraction tool to macerate the sample.
3) Draw some of the liquid from the extraction bag.
4) Add 2 drops to the sample well on the lateral flow device.
5) Wait until the colored control line appears and read the test (5 minutes).
Interpretation of Results
Observed the result within 5min, if it presents two red zones and determined as positive, if it only presents one red control plot zone and determined as negative. If the reaction line and the control line all present evenly unknown, or only the reaction line presents red zone and the control line presents nothing ,then determined the reagent strip invalid.
Test kits and cassettes are not reusable.